MAIN.PHP
...loading LISTING_DETAIL_DEFAULT.PHP
Go to street view!

REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral  (€89,000)

REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (0) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (1) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (2) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (3) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (4) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (5) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (6) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (7) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (8) REDUCED Central plaza apartment, Catral (9)

Details of this Apartment

Ref RS147
Price €89,000
Property Type Apartment
Town Catral
Neighborhood Village
Beds 2
Baths 1
Build size 65m2
Garage 1 car
Pool Type Communal
Year built 2005
Floors 1
Furnished Partly Furnished

Home features

  • Air Conditioning
  • Unfurnished

Community features

Swimming Pool

Full description

Spacious 65m2 ground floor apartment in a quiet area situated behind the church plaza in Catral. Close to all ameneties and fully furnished.

Pedestrian gate to building with telephone intercom system. Stairs to communal are4a with swimming pool and entrance to apartment. Front door into lounge, large window to front of lounge with views of communal pool. Ceramic floors throughout. Fully furnished with air conditioning.

Modern kitchen with light wooden units and contempory handles, stainless steel extractor. lots of storage. Breakfast bar and dining area from lounge, washing machine, Fridge/freezer and microwave oven.

Large family bathroom with high quality white porcelain sanitaryware.

Two spacious double bedrooms, both fully furnished with built in wardrobes and ceiling fans.

There are garages underneath the building which can be purchased or rented at additional cost, but all ameneties are within a five minute walk from the property.

This property benefits from fantastic views of the surrounding areas. The building backs on to the church plaza and has a beautiful communal pool. There is also garage spaces below the building with electric gates.

Catral is a small town located in the Vega Baja district of the province of Alicante, Spain, its municiple disrict covers and area of about 20 km2 and it has a population of 6,642 (2005 Census).

Catral is situated on the CV-905 just north of the town of Almoradi, it can easily be reached from the AP-7 motorway and is within about 20 minutes drive of Alicante airport and around 40 minutes from Murcia (San Javier) airport. Catral is about 10 km from the beaches of Guardamar del Segura..

The name of the town is said to be derived from the Moorish 'Al-Quatrullat', other theories suggest that it comes from the latin for 'fortified villa' (Castrum Altum) or maybe even from the Iberian meaning 'Karl Turl' (Double Summit) referring to the Cabezos de Albatera. Either way the history of Catral certainly goes back to the Arab occupation (8th to 13th centuries) and when the Moors were subsequently defeated by Alphonso of Castille in 1255, it came under the Kingdom of Castille. Later the same century in 1296 control changed once again and control of Catral passed to the Kingdom of Aragon under the auspices of Orihuela.

Over the centuries Catral has been primarily an agricultural area, with important crops being citrus fruits, olives, artichokes and cereals, there was also some cattle farming and some light industry.

There are times when a visit to a town or village in the Vega Baja takes you completely by surprise by producing exactly what you did not expect, such a village is Cox.

Set at the foot of the Sierra de Callosa mountains between Callosa de Segura and Granja de Rocamora, it was like so many of the neighbouring villages, once a Moorish farmstead it was conquered with the rest of the area in the 13th Century. Following the victory the village was given to the Kings of Crevillente, but in 1450 Juan Ruiz Dávalos succeeded in buying it from Roca Togores. He then sought permission from Juan II of Aragon to construct a palace on top of a ridge. The palace is known as the Castilla de Santa Barbara and has recently been restored. In 1995 whilst this work was being carried out, many ancient artefacts were found within the castle. The castle has no battlements and is an imposing if somewhat plain structure on the outside. Access up the hill to the castle has been made easy by the provision of a footpath but it is not an easy walk, and several stops may be necessary on your ascent to the top. Once at the top however the views are spectacular, with many of the villages of the Vega Baja laid out before you. There are also wonderful rooftop views of the village of Cox itself. Standing adjacent to the castle is a small structure housing a cross, known as 'The Way of the Cross', this structure was built on the remains of the original Arabic mosque. Entrance into the castle is by special permission only, although there are occasional organised tours. To gain permission to enter you must present yourself at the local police station with your passport.

The village offers many places of interest and plenty of wonderful photo opportunities for visitors. In the Town Square there is the Ayumtamiento (Town Hall) and a most distinctive fountain. The square is ringed with trees, flowers and shrubs some of which have been shaped by topiary into animal formations. Standing proudly in the square is the statue of the Virgen del Carmen who is the Patrona of the village. Next door to the Ayuntamiento is the Sanctuary of the Convent of the Virgen del Carmen. This convent opened its doors to the Carmelite Order on the 25th October 1611, but in the 19th Century this building became redundant as a convent and is now a museum housing the icons of the Semana Santa and other village treasures.

The Church of San Juan is neo-classical baroque and was constructed between the years of 1744 and 1788 , such is the solidity of this church, that there was not even minor damage during the devastating earthquake of 1829, the church stands guard opposite the Plaza de San Juan. As a typical Spanish village Cox has its share of fiestas and festivals including the Moors and Christians, the Semana Santa and its celebrations for its patron saint San Isidro which is held in mid-May. The fiesta to celebrate the Virgen del Carmen is held in July.

In 2004 the townspeople celebrated the 500th anniversary of Cox becoming a village in its own right and there are many commemorative plaques and statues. The village if famous for its bread, pastries and confectionary which is said to be the best in the province..